Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Penshaw and Pamphlet Book Revisited [pages 27-38]

It was a lovely sunny warm day today so we went for a walk/climb up to Penshaw monument. You can see for miles all around on a clear day. The photo below shows the view over Herrington Park.

More pages from the pamphlet book.
Flower people.
Inside the pocket is a postcard. 
I decorated the plain side by pulling a layer of the card off in places and scoring it with a knife, then I painted with watercolours.

Below - the left side was a test print on the inkjet, I've painted it and collaged with a found picture of daffodils and some plastic
 A textured postcard

I used recycled wrapping paper for the postcard above and the other side below
The bowl of fruit is a found image

Call for entries - these were cut from a magazine
I used a kids stencil book for the shapes on the card below.

Monday, 29 April 2013

Pamphlet Book Revisited [Pages 17-26]

Continuing on from the post yesterday, more pages from the pamphlet book made from recycled envelopes, art work, printed papers. All the pages have been altered since the book was originally made last year and there are altered postcards in the pockets.

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Pamphlet Book Revisited [pages 1-12]

I have shown this handmade book before, when it was just made and undecorated. It was made from recycled envelopes, art work, printed papers and plain sheets. It is a pamphlet style of book and most of the pages are pockets. I have decorated found postcards and made some for the pockets. 

To see the original post from April 2012 click here. It is the book with the blue/green cover.

Thursday, 25 April 2013

Vintage Photo and Wren

Above - an altered vintage photograph. I can't remember what I used to create the textured background, it could have been a picture of my textured embroidery which I altered. There is also a layer with a vintage letter.
Below - I drew the bird from following a photograph, the background is some altered artwork and music.

Both of these were created on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Squirrel and Robinwolf

I drew these on a tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I used Photoshop Touch and lots of layers.

Tuesday, 23 April 2013


Take a stitch Tuesday 62 - Raised Cross Stitch Flower.
A new stitch for me. I did the flowers in cotton perle first and thought it needed something else and I remembered I had some silk ribbons. When I found the ribbon I also found various lilac threads and one of them was like a chenille, so I used that instead. Some of the flowers look quite square-ish rather than round but I suppose real flowers are not all perfect either. I've also done a chain stitch stalk, some pink fly stitch [I thought afterwards that this was the wrong colour pink but I left in anyway] and stitch on some tiny square sequins. The background fabrics are hand painted and stamped, the lace is hand painted and stitched on - backstitch and little sequins.

Monday, 22 April 2013

More pages from Sketchbook 26

I like to practice drawing faces now and then.

I used one fat multi coloured pencil for the grass and tree.

I used a range of media for this one including pens, watercolours, brush, wax crayons..

Thursday, 18 April 2013

Digital Collages

All five pictures were created on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, I used lots of layers in Photoshop Touch.

Wednesday, 17 April 2013


Take a stitch Tuesday - up and down feathered buttonhole stitch

The background is hand painted and stamped fabric. I've also stitched lazy daisy stitches in green thread and sewn on beads.
I painted some 'Fibre film', non-toxic Tyvek sheets of bonded spun polythene fibres with watered down acrylic paints which I had left over from painting the  fabric. I cut out some spirals with scissors - I chose spirals as they would fit in with this month's Sketchbook Challenge [http://sketchbookchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/aprils-theme-spirals.html].
It was old tyvek and it doesn't seemed to have melted as well as it should have but I decided to use some on another piece of hand painted fabric.
I used up and down feathered buttonhole stitch on the green spiral, fly stitch on the blue and feather stitch on the purple spiral. And then lots of beading and some sequins.....